After “Green Clover” found her home up north I thought I would take a bit of a break what with school ending and all the rainy days down here in Texas it seemed like a good time. I was hoping that my muse might lead me back to doing some PS’ing (photoshopping), but I guess not. There have been some really great pictures come out, but I just can’t seem to get inspired. I have been waiting on a friend to send me her old copy of PS CS 2, but she hasn’t yet (I’m not one to bug). I’m hoping that that will get me going again.
Well back to crocheting! I did get two of those Swiffer covers made. I didn’t follow the pattern that I posted a while back, I thought that I just might be able to make that on my own. I will have to revamp my pattern a bit. It is too loose on the ends, so I just need to do about two less dc’s. So heres a picture of it…
As you can see I used up my scrap cotten yarn, and why not it just for the floor. Alesa now has the chore, every night, to sweep the kitchen and so she will go and spray it with floor cleaner and then go around the kitchen and clean it. I’m going to have to make alot more.
I’ve also started on Alesa’s blanket, finally, I’m still playing around with it. I haven’t been able to find a pattern that I liked so this is another one that I’m going to have to make up as I go. I’m so use to following patterns that I don’t trust myself to make something without one.
Sorry that the picture is blurry and dark. It’s hard to see the colors but there is a dark purple and a light purple, a light pink and electric pink. I’m going to add in two more colors of purple and pink, both of which are light baby colors. I’m pretty sure how I’m going to peice them together I just hope that it works.
And last but not least my current WIP, I got the latest copy of Creative Knitting and in it I found a pattern for the “Cool Cozy Shrug”. It’s really cute and it calls for size 6 super bulky yarn which I just happen to have in some recycled yarn from an old sweater that I took apart.
I really like the shrug and it says it’s an easy pattern so I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to do it. I finished the back last night (the piece that is shown it the photo) and I’m starting to work on the sleeves today. If I finished this it will be the first piece of clothing that I have ever made for myself.
I’m just glad that I got to use my recycled yarn. I really liked that color of it, but the sweater was too tight and I didn’t want to get rid of it so I took it apart. I have another ball that is just about as big as this one. I don’t know what I’ll do with it. Maybe something for Alesa we’ll see.
Well, that’s about it for now. Once I get some more done I’ll post it so you all can see just how far I’ve gotten.