Well, I got the first of who knows how many thing for my new great niece or nephew done. It’s now called “Very Colorful Granny”. I do have a love for lots of brights colors in a blanket, you wont see it around my house though. (strange really) This one makes me smile every time I see it.
I used Red Heart in lots of bright colors and used a very simple granny square. It only took me 7 days to complete it! Now I have lots of time to make other things for the baby. It’s funny really, my husband commented that only just a few years ago it would take me almost the whole 9 months for finish a blanket and now I can get 9 done in that time. 😛
I really should start on some of my UFO’s now, but hubby has me making him a hat first. It’s called the Reasonable Hip hat and I’m really excited about making it. I hope it turns out well, my track record on hats for hubby isn’t that good. 😦
ETA: IT’s A NEPHEW!!!
That is my goal for 2009, finish my UFO’s. I have a few Un-Finished Objects laying around and they need to get done.
- Is the elusive Harry Potter scarf. I have only tried to start this thing about 3 times and I’m soon to be working on my 4th time.
- Is the Sun Ray shawl. I really like this and want to finish it, but I’m not quite half way through it.
- My Diagonal scarf. I’m using all the left over yarn from my Very Colorful Blanket. I started this right after I finished my blanket and it has been setting for over a year.
- Is called Purple Heaven. It’s a blanket that I am making for my daughter. I try to work on it when I would set in the car waiting to pick her up from school, but now I just walk and so it has just set there.
- Is a sweater called ” Starsky” . It’s based on the sweater warn in the TV show. I love it and can’t wait to finish it.
- Is a quilt blanket from the Happy Yellow House called Desert Star. It’s made out of granny squares, which I love, but they are small and as soon as you start one you are finished with it. I make up a few and then I’m done for a while. It will be an awesome blanket when I’m finished.
These will all have to be finished around me making baby items for the upcoming niece or nephew’s arrival. I have several blanket and sweaters to make and I will try to fit in these other iteams. Wish me luck!
Yes, I know it has been far too long since I have posted any of my finished items. With the holidays finally over and kids and hubby back at work and school, and me with some time to set and think, I’m back!
I haven’t been doing a lot of crochet of late, my fancy has turned to knitting, as you may have noticed, so it should come as no surprise that I have yet another hat to show you. This one is called the Armando. It is by the same designer as the Amanda hat and can be found on her blog Sleepy Eyes Knitting, just scroll down the right side of her blog and look for Sleepy Eyes Patterns.
I really liked the simple pattern repeats, but I will have to choose a better yarn next time. I used a Bernat yarn is some type of sport. It was 100% acrylic and onced washed it now fits my son. Not to happy after that one.
This is one that I finished last night. It’s from Drops Design and is just called Headband, fitting name really. I made it using some yarn from Knit Picks called Main Line. It a WW cotton and wool and it is just wonderful to work with. This makes the perfect one skein project as this yarn was part of a sample bag and was only 82 yarns and I was left with a bit of overage. It’s very simple and perfect for someone that wants to work on their purl inc and dec.
I do have a few more things to show you, but I’ll save that for another post. Now I must go looking for my next WIP.